HELP i got loose garage guineas

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
clap.gif
barnie.gif

Sorry perchie.girl! We did not mean to hijack your thread!
Wish I could help with the catching part. I imagine in a garage they will hide behind stuff.
My biggest fear is that mine will fly out of the brooder coop and from there they can easily get outside! Though I believe the heathens would eventually come back to their small flock in the coop by night time.

Quote:
LOL Not a problem Love them tame keets. You just have to spend some time with them. And to be honest some people just have that "Way" about them.

Well WE caught the little Reprobates today..... One more got out between my last post and this morning. We were already planning on moving the Keets up to my house and the big coop today.... I was all for packing up the cage with the bulk of the birds and taking them up to the house and leaving the Three behind to be caught later. But My son wanted to give a stab at catching them. What followed was a comedy of errors...... We would almost get em cornered but there is so much "stuff" in the garage wed only get a fleeting glimpse then they would shoot up or under or behind something..... I finally caught one with the net behind the photo eye for the garage door opener. The others could be heard but no where to be seen.

Finally we moved the big cage out to the drive way hopefully to gain more access to behind the cage. I know that was the contributing factor for us getting the other two. One came out and flew toward the cage I missed with the net and he veered up and ON TOP of the roof. Then he just stood there rubber necking first at us then at his cohorts..... I tried waiving the net at him and he would just rubber neck more. Finally he took off the roof and landed in the front yard of moms next door neighbor. My son grabbed the net and followed it into the bushes.... But it escaped and headed for their front door. He caught it up against their screen door with his hands. LOL He then handed me the net with the bird dumped inside. By the time we got back to the cage in the drive way the last one was circling the cage.... Dean went around and around with it walking on the opposite side..... I walked up carefully and it finally took off thinking it could get into the car windshield. Dean grabbed it there....... Not a feather was lost in this whole adventure.... WHEW....

AND Now they are all nicely tucked in the coop sixty miles away where they are going to live.... whew. Going back up tomorrow to hook up the automatic waterers and baby proof their half of the coop.

Quote:
LOL... Yep we caught all three.... WOW 105 OMG. It gets that hot at my place but thankfully not today. When I got them settled in the coop (temporarily still in their brooder cage) The automatic waterer stopped working and I was too done in from Taking down fence to get the cage in the yard. So I filled a bucket and left. Sigh. Will go back up tomorrow and work on the waterer some. It was working when we left so I suspect something clogged up the hole....

Quote:
OMG seeing a 350 lb woman chasing down a Keet rubbernecking her from the roof with what amounts to a Butterfly net....
lau.gif
gig.gif
NOPE no video.... never will be. All the spectacular catches came from my DS who is 21 and Graciously helps me on occasion.

BTW, do you have any pics of your Perchie? I had an awesome dapple gray mare that I had to sell when we moved from Florida. I miss her like crazy!

Back
Top Bottom