Help! I hate my mean goose!

kimber8548

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2017
As luck would have it, my white goose Pearl (who is probably an Earl) has become mean and teaches my gray goose (Gucci-who is likely a female) to be mean. I have snatched her/him up and loved on it as it hissed at me. It is interfering with my relationship with my sweet one. Nearly every time I see it, it is lowering it's head and trying to get close to me. I babies and hand raised them and I'm devastated that Gucci is with Pearl and will be mean too. Any ideas? I got it so I am stuck with it until one of us dies!
IMG_20170712_165203.jpg
IMG_20170707_144333.jpg
IMG_20170712_165203.jpg
IMG_20170707_144333.jpg

Sell or eat Earl and get a new gander. There's no reason to put up with aggressive things that are large enough to seriously hurt you if they put their minds to it.

People have been hospitalized after roosters attacked them.

I learned a long time ago how to stave off angry geese at a park by stretching my arms out from my sides and walking toward them. They retreat. It really works. However, since your gander knows you, I doubt that technique will work on him, but you can try. I hope you find success. Best of luck.

Was it mslydia that has a whole training regime to try? I no longer have the goose , for other reasons, but i had a mean goose and used her training techniques. First, do not hand feed them, even treats. I'll go look and see if I can find it.

Back
Top Bottom