HELP !!!! I have 1 Guinea that will not stop Screaming

SuperBrenna

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 25, 2013
I have 5 Guineas I bought earlier this summer right after they have hatched. I believe there are 4 Males and 1 Female

for the last 3 days the female will not stop squawking. It's VERY loud and I have no idea why she is doing this. She will NOT STOP !!!

The other Guineas are now trying to chase her away, . This is so loud and on going I can't believe the police haven't been to my house yet.. Everything is the same at our house nothing has changed

Does anyone have any ideas Why and or What I can do to shut her up Besides de heading her?

Thanks in advance
Brenna

If it's the 2 syllable buck-wheat call that she is squawking/screaming then my educated guess would be that she's now fully matured and just doing what Guineas Hens do... buck-wheating, non-stop. Good luck with shutting her up
lol.png
The males are most likely chasing her because they too are maturing, and now "feeling their oats". If she is repeatedly screaming the chi-chi-chi call instead, then something is most likely annoying her.... she either sees or senses something that she perceives as a threat or danger to the flock. Most Guineas do go thru a noisy period when they are young and adjusting to the sights and sounds of your property, (and it usually gets worse before it gets better, lol) but most Guineas will quiet down/settle down after they turn about a year old. Guinea Fowl are not exactly known for being a quiet breed tho, lol.

Just to warn you, you may soon have 5 squawkers/screamers...
barnie.gif

Last edited:
I am going through the same thong right now with my four. My kids are begging me to let them "go and be free". This weekend they will be relocating to their new digs and hopefully they will chill a little.

They are loud little buggers aren't they!!!!
barnie.gif

I have the same problem right now, with 36 guineas. The noise is definitely irritating. I'm taking some of them to the auction today so maybe that will tone things down a bit, but not counting on them quieting down completely.

Same thing here ! Thanks so much for the information.New with chickens and guineas.Live in the woods, thought my girls were getting stressed out about the woodland critters roaming around.
Only have one that is REALLY noisy...then the others chime in.(only have 5)Still love to hear them! Checked with my neighbor, said they can't hear them when inside their home.(I'm thankful for that) Thanks again for the info.

I have 10 baby keet in the house where they are under the heat lamp but one guinea is noisy they are just babies i don't know whats wrong with it.

I have 10 baby keet in the house where they are under the heat lamp but one guinea is noisy they are just babies i don't know whats wrong with it.
When one of mine gets louder, I usually find that it suddenly realized it's alone, whether bc it wandered away from everyone else & the heat or they all went back to the heat w/o it noticing.
Other things to try/check:
Tip it's beak in the water, make sure it knows how to get a drink & isn't thirsty.
Check is it's bum to make sure it doesn't have pasty butt.
Is it out of,or being pushed out of, the heat. I've noticed that sometimes siblings will crowd out a weaker or smaller one.
Is it hurt? Walking ok?
Technically you aren't supposed to be able to determine their sex by voice yet, and I won't claim to be able to. But when I hear a little peep that sounds to me like "thank you", I know I've got atleast 1 little girl in the mix. In that case, get used to it bc as an adult, she'll rarely be quiet. 🙄

I have 5 Guineas I bought earlier this summer right after they have hatched. I believe there are 4 Males and 1 Female

for the last 3 days the female will not stop squawking. It's VERY loud and I have no idea why she is doing this. She will NOT STOP !!!

The other Guineas are now trying to chase her away, . This is so loud and on going I can't believe the police haven't been to my house yet.. Everything is the same at our house nothing has changed

Does anyone have any ideas Why and or What I can do to shut her up Besides de heading her?

Thanks in advance
Brenna

Ugh I know what you mean by the screaming. There was this female guinea that flew in and just fitted right in with the chickens. Ironically her name was Mama Tenders. She would NEVER hush. At six in the morning I would wake up to her on the roof and screeching to the top of her lungs. Good luck and stay sane!!!:lau

Back
Top Bottom