Help! I have 6 dozen eggs in my fridge!

Quiche, frittatas, muffins, pancakes, french toast, and Dutch Babies are my go to for using up eggs.
If you/your family eats Cream of Wheat, you can also crack an egg or two into the water as you are cooking it (works with a lot of grain type hot cereals too.)

If you still have extras I've been mixing a few eggs each morning into some dry feed and giving it to my girls for a treat. I've done this off and on for years with out any decline in laying production. You could also scramble or hard boil them for your girls too.
Extra nutrients and protein will help your hard working girls.

Many food banks can't accept home raised chicken eggs and when you've given all your neighbors, friends, and/or seniors you know all the eggs they can take...sometimes ya just gotta improvise. :D

Quiche, frittatas, muffins, pancakes, french toast, and Dutch Babies are my go to for using up eggs.
If you/your family eats Cream of Wheat, you can also crack an egg or two into the water as you are cooking it (works with a lot of grain type hot cereals too.)

If you still have extras I've been mixing a few eggs each morning into some dry feed and giving it to my girls for a treat. I've done this off and on for years with out any decline in laying production. You could also scramble or hard boil them for your girls too.
Extra nutrients and protein will help your hard working girls.

Many food banks can't accept home raised chicken eggs and when you've given all your neighbors, friends, and/or seniors you know all the eggs they can take...sometimes ya just gotta improvise. :D
I keep trying to give them to neighbors but they politely decline

How about a churchā€™s food pantry? I donā€™t go to church but when I have extra stuff from my garden I donate it to a friend that runs a food pantry at her church. I only have 6 layers so for now I donā€™t have extra eggs from my flock but have about 4 dozen saved since my dad from across the street has way to many eggs and canā€™t seem to be able to get rid of them. Saving all he brings me so I can take em to her.

I keep trying to give them to neighbors but they politely decline
Have you tried advertising on facebook marketplace? I can't give eggs to my own family. My mom is freaked out by just the idea of a fertilized egg. My mother-in-law was traumatized years ago when she cracked a farm egg to eat and it had a baby chick inside it. I've never been able to wrap my head around how that mistake could have been made but I can hardly blame her for being nervous.

Back
Top Bottom