Help! I have 6 dozen eggs in my fridge!

Made two of these yesterday, my moms recipe. Enjoy!

A64A080A-B025-48FD-85C7-29CBBAACC9F2.jpeg

A64A080A-B025-48FD-85C7-29CBBAACC9F2.jpeg
B5C4F06C-11FE-4982-9CC6-5A3CC28B563B.jpeg

How about a church’s food pantry? I don’t go to church but when I have extra stuff from my garden I donate it to a friend that runs a food pantry at her church. I only have 6 layers so for now I don’t have extra eggs from my flock but have about 4 dozen saved since my dad from across the street has way to many eggs and can’t seem to be able to get rid of them. Saving all he brings me so I can take em to her.

That is a great idea. Lots of people go to their local churches first when they are in need, especially in rural areas. Call a local pastor and ask if he knows anyone who could really use them.

*It goes the other way too. Even if you aren't a church-goer, if you are crisis, many churches will help you out. My father's church gives out food/clothes/(recently) masks and tp, but lately they've also been doing things like paying for people's groceries. I hate to think of people being food-insecure and not knowing where to go, so that's my little PSA.

If you have flour, make pasta 2 cups of flour, 3 eggs google for a recipe online, so easy. You get 1 pound of fresh pasta from 2 cups of flour. You can freeze the noodles for about a month. I've made ravioli from fresh pasta. Better than what you can buy at the grocery store. Also try making homemade mayonnaise. We did a very long thread awhile back on what to do with excess eggs. You can also dry them and make powdered eggs that will last up to a year. Good luck.

You can always boil up a few to feed back to the chicken's once a week. Crush the boiled egg up eggshell and all, add water and feed to it, making it into a wet feed treat. That way they are still eating the feed too, and not just getting full on the egg.

Last year when mine were laying really well, I also froze a few that I could later use for holiday baking in the fall. I'm glad that I did, because all of the hen's were in molt and had stopped laying during that.

You can always boil up a few to feed back to the chicken's once a week. Crush the boiled egg up eggshell and all, add water and feed to it, making it into a wet feed treat. That way they are still eating the feed too, and not just getting full on the egg.

Last year when mine were laying really well, I also froze a few that I could later use for holiday baking in the fall. I'm glad that I did, because all of the hen's were in molt and had stopped laying during that.

Did you just stick them in the freezer, shell and all?

Back
Top Bottom