Help! I have 6 dozen eggs in my fridge!

I forgot to add that the frozen one's can be thawed out later when your hen's are moulting and fed back to them in the wet feed. They won't have the shell's in it, but the moulting flock doesn't need the extra calcium at that time. They do however need the extra protein to help them to grow back those feather's for winter.

Have you tried advertising on facebook marketplace? I can't give eggs to my own family. My mom is freaked out by just the idea of a fertilized egg. My mother-in-law was traumatized years ago when she cracked a farm egg to eat and it had a baby chick inside it. I've never been able to wrap my head around how that mistake could have been made but I can hardly blame her for being nervous.
It happens! Used to happen as a kid in my family and then nobody wanted to eat the eggs! It used to completely freak us kids out! I think since nobody wanted to eat the eggs anymore, my dad ended up
butchering the chickens one by one and we had them for dinner instead! I have chickens now, but no roosters:)

It happens! Used to happen as a kid in my family and then nobody wanted to eat the eggs! It used to completely freak us kids out! I think since nobody wanted to eat the eggs anymore, my dad ended up
butchering the chickens one by one and we had them for dinner instead! I have chickens now, but no roosters:)

:eek: Not likely to happen if you gather eggs daily and stick 'em in the fridge.

:eek: Not likely to happen if you gather eggs daily and stick 'em in the fridge.
Those eggs did not get collected every day, we had a ranch that was about an hour away from our home, my dad usually went there Monday through Friday. I don’t have any roosters now, because I live in an urban area but I collect my eggs a few times a day, so even if I had a rooster, it wouldn’t happen now, unless I were to miss some hidden eggs. The chickens that I have never hide their eggs and they always lay in the nest box. That is just a super gross memory from the time I was growing up, LOL!

Those eggs did not get collected every day, we had a ranch that was about an hour away from our home, my dad usually went there Monday through Friday. I don’t have any roosters now, because I live in an urban area but I collect my eggs a few times a day, so even if I had a rooster, it wouldn’t happen now, unless I were to miss some hidden eggs. The chickens that I have never hide their eggs and they always lay in the nest box. That is just a super gross memory from the time I was growing up, LOL!

Definitely a LOL.... enough to put one off eggs for life! :gigI grew up in a big city and always wanted horses. Chickens never occurred to me back then. Too old for horses now but chickens are my joy. I'm really glad so many urban areas permit chickens nowadays, a touch of country in the city. I imagine they must give you joy, good memories from early life. 😊 Maybe someday you will have your own ranch.

Definitely a LOL.... enough to put one off eggs for life! :gigI grew up in a big city and always wanted horses. Chickens never occurred to me back then. Too old for horses now but chickens are my joy. I'm really glad so many urban areas permit chickens nowadays, a touch of country in the city. I imagine they must give you joy, good memories from early life. 😊 Maybe someday you will have your own ranch.
Yes, it is great the chickens are allowed in my city, with so many people getting chickens these days. I hope that everybody will take good care of their chickens, otherwise things could change and nobody will be allowed to keep them in the city. I wish I could have a ranch again! It’s a lot of work, used to go there on the weekends and move irrigation pipes and pick walnuts with my family, but now I am getting up there in years and don’t know if I could do all that work!

Back
Top Bottom