Help! I have a duckling that is stuck at the wrong end. Veins are still visible some are thick. What can I do?

You will need to chip the eggshell on the wrong end without breaking the membrane. Wash your hands first. Use a spoon or something blunt and heavy and smack the shell to get it to crack. When you see visible cracks spray the shell with some warm water. Use a twizzer to start carefully removing the shell from the membrane about a 1/2 inch circle. Find an area on the membrane with no veins and make a hole for the chick to breathe. Then place it back in the incubator. Keep the humidity consistent.

Can you give a little more info ?
When did hatching start ?
I have hatched wrong end babies
Did you open the egg or dud baby open ?
Wrong ends take 48-72 hours after they make the external pip or if you made a safety hole in the bruising
Either way it’s best not to keep opening the egg
This allows to much air in and can dry them out
Do you have pics or videos of how baby is ?
How do you know it’s weak ?
Also if you see veins then baby is not ready to hatch
And needs more time to absorb the yolk and veins

Welcome to Byc

You will need to chip the eggshell on the wrong end without breaking the membrane. Wash your hands first. Use a spoon or something blunt and heavy and smack the shell to get it to crack. When you see visible cracks spray the shell with some warm water. Use a twizzer to start carefully removing the shell from the membrane about a 1/2 inch circle. Find an area on the membrane with no veins and make a hole for the chick to breathe. Then place it back in the incubator. Keep the humidity consistent.
Why would she want yo crack the shell ?
Please don’t do this !!!

Chick's at the wrong end have no way to internally pip and die from suffocation. So knowing the correct day of development will help to save the chick.

I usually let them die if it occurs. But you can save them.

Back
Top Bottom