Help!!! I have a major Quacky McDuck

cagedgypsy

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2016
I've had my 4 ducks for a little over a year now, with no real issues ever. Well over the last few months my Black Swedish girl, has decided she hates me....HATES ME! When I let them out in the morning, she quacks as loud as possible for at least the first 20 minutes I'm outside. Anytime I'm outside doing something in the yard, at the OPPOSITE side of the yard, she throws a fit, ruffles and quacks. This all started when I had to separate my boys from my girls at the height of mating season, because I wasn't having much luck finding more girls for my boys. Now she just won't stop. It's usually fine during the day, but at 6:30 am and after 8pm I start to worry that she's going to aggravate the neighbors of the home we just moved too. I know it's not move related, since we've only been here two weeks and we're going on month 3, maybe 4 of her attitude. I'm not sure I can live like this for another 7-9 years, with her quacking like this at me. I've tried holding her, reassuring her I'm not evil, I've tried making her stay in the quack shack until after 8 by herself, or with the broody girl I have. She kind of acts like she wants to nest, by making a new one everyday, and leaving an egg here or there, but seems to have no interest in actually sitting.

Please tell me this is just a phase and my sweet girl will become unpossessed soon. I don't want to have to get rid of her, but I can't stay out of her sight, just to keep her quiet for the next possible decade either.

Thanks for any info!!!

Last edited:
I wish that were it, but she does it ALL DAY long, and the closer I get to her, the louder and more ridiculous she gets. It happens when they're on lockdown, or when they're free ranging. And she only does it to me, anyone else can talk to her, but the second she hears my voice, it's on. I hope this means she loves me that much, I'm just not getting that vibe from her.

am not any help for this. but my ducks to the same thing as well. i have two Swedish ducks and right now every time i go into the pen they run either inside or run as far away as they can from me, then quack like am killing them. both are hens as well.

am not any help for this. but my ducks to the same thing as well. i have two Swedish ducks and right now every time i go into the pen they run either inside or run as far away as they can from me, then quack like am killing them. both are hens as well.

Yours sound scared....Different situation....Calmness and time is all they need....

It's just strange that it all of a sudden, over night started. When I was gender separating them, I of course had to chase them a bit, they're not friendly really, although 3 of the 4 will still eat out of my hand. But because I had to chase them to get them separated, the boys just run away now ,and she kind of runs away but mostly just puffs up and quacks angrily. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to be back there, because I feel like I'm just stressing her out, which frankly is stressing me out, as I need to finish building my goose house and run. Do I just power through it and hope the neighbors don't go from....cool with the ducks...to....that girl needs to go. I tried to upload a 5 second video but it won't let me.

Back
Top Bottom