Help! I have a mean chicken :(

All, I thought I would provide a follow up just in case it helps anyone else...initially the whole "mean chicken" saga started because I had a sweet Americauna that was being picked on, mostly by the chicken who ended up being a rooster. However, after separation, patience, time and monitoring, (removing the rooster helped immensely) I am happy to say that my Americauna is fully integrated back into the flock and they ALL are successfully getting along and loving life :)

Thank you all for your two cents. MR. ROO went to HIS new home today :hit In the last two weeks he grew a ton and got quite the voice. I could tell immediately that he will love his new home and be very well taken care of...super sad but also glad that I was able to rehome him as he was quite a sweetie :love

Give them at least two weeks to sort out their new pecking order and settle into their new roles. Once they are established and settled, the old bully won't have as much power and will have to make her own way into the order. They'll readjust, and she'll likely settle somewhere in the middle.
Don't rush it! Give them the full two weeks, then sit back and watch it all unfold. And please, keep us posted!
Will definitely give the full two weeks!! Funny-ish thing though...the one that is currently in "chicken jail" may have just started to try crowing this morning...Is it possible, if it's really a rooster, would that have started to cause these same issues?

7AAC996C-EFF8-4BBC-9A34-B13A38E70542.png
457261F3-FDC2-4938-B206-8A5502357999.png

Back
Top Bottom