Help ! I have more Roos than I thought? No clue what to do?

Tracy and the Girls

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 27, 2010
I ordered 5 Black Silkies from Ideal this summer - I was told that some extra chicks would need to be added for warmth so that the chicks would survive the trip. Well, I was sent another 13 chicks, all of which seem to be Production Reds (but not confirmed), I knew that my chances of having some roos was high - I went and got the larger coop, etc. Now almost 18 weeks old, I think that probably 10 out of the 13 are roos - and my neighbors are not happy.
I cannot keep these roos - what can I do - ? "Forgetting" to close the door one night is not a valid option!

Any real suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. thanks!!!

One less extra roo = one less empty soup pot. Atempting to rehome roos as pets has potential to end poorly.

You won't get rich either trying to sell the extra production egg breed roos on the net but with luck you might rehome some of them or at least hook them up with soup pots.

I put eight or so extra roosters (my neighbors are kind enough to put up with ONE rooster!) and I got more e-mails on them than I had roosters.
tongue.png
Craigslist is the way to go, if you don't mind that they're liable to get eaten.

Craigslist "free roosters" often end up as fodder for cock fighting training. Beware and be aware when you let them go, who is taking them and what they intend to do with them.

Back
Top Bottom