1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help! I have to cook pork chops....

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Littlecimarron18, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Littlecimarron18

Littlecimarron18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Colorado
    any good ideas?
    my mom went to town and left me to cook them. and i really hate the way she cooks them. She just puts them in a baking pan with a little oil and salt and pepper.
    I want something delicious.
    Something other than plain baked pork chops.
    Help.

2. blueberrylu

blueberrylu Chillin' With My Peeps

The favorite way to make em' in our house is Shake-n-bake--my kids love it.
    You could try baking them with bbq sauce, salse or cream of mushroom soup.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    if you dnt have any Shake-N-Bake in the house..(my favorite), you could make a glaze with applesauce maybe??

4. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    I fry mine in a pan with EVO salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
    About 4 mins each side! Depending on how thick.

I have baked mine with cream of mushroom soup mixed with some milk, same salt, pepper onion and garlic powder, top with durkee french fried onions! That comes out good!

5. elliemay0305

elliemay0305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    well i dont know about you but i fry my in the skillet, use a lot of buuter and salt and pepper. normally they have a great butter taste if you use enough and it helps them to keep from sticking to the skillet!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  6. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    This sounds strange, but first I marinate them in beer, ketchup and garlic powder for about an hour. Then I pat them dry, sear them in a hot pan and plunk 'em into the oven to finish. Moist and super tasty!!

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

This may sound a little odd, but it really is good.

Brown the pork chops in oil. Put in baking dish. Combine 2 cans of chicken noodle soup, a can or so of water that has been mixed with 2-3 Tbls of flour. Pour over pork chops and bake till done. The soup makes a great gravy on the chops.

8. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    #1 idea - pork chops and rice

Pan fry the pork chops in a heavy skillet with a little oil. Get them brown on both sides but not done. Remove to a plate. Take rice - for our house I use 2 cups of rice. Put the rice in the skillet and stir it all around and begin to toast the rice and get up all those nice pan drippings. Put rice in the bottom of a baking dish, lay pork chops on top, add one can of chicken broth and two cans of water. So now you have rice on the bottom, pork chops on the top. Cover all with foil and put into a 350 degree oven. After 30 min, check the liquid levels, Isometimes have to add more water. Continue baking until the rice is tender, add liquid as needed.

9. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Shake and bake hands down. Best porkchops ever!

10. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

half a stick of butter, 1 small onion, sautee til tender
    In a crock pot add above mixture with one can of cream of mushroom
    add pork chops, cook on high for 3 hours til tender. They will fall apart when ready. If you need them to cook faster, just lightly brown them on both sides before adding to crock pot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by