1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help, I lost one of my peepers, in the house somewhere.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by goodheart101, Oct 10, 2009.

1. goodheart101

goodheart101 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2009
    Help does anyone have any suggestions on how I can find my Button Quail, one got out of the cage and I think she is spooked and I can not find her. I have been searching for over 7 hours now. How long can they go without food and water? Will she come out on her own? I have 8 cages of buttons, and so it is very hard to hear if she is making any noise. I did spot her once but by the time I go there she was gone. But I think it was because another one got loose and spooked her again. As I am cleaning cages. I have looked EVERYWHERE I can think of, under everything, with flashlights, every room high and low, moved almost everything, no sign of her. Any ideas? I didn't hear her take flight after I spotted her, I moved and searched but nothing.[​IMG]

2. silkypie

silkypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    I hope you find her soon! 7 hours is a long time! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. goodheart101

Jul 14, 2009
    Thank you..do you think she would come out for food and water? I put a dish on the floor, and I will know if she eats, if I find poop spots on my white carpet. I will have to teacher her how to steam clean a rug....

4. goodheart101

Jul 14, 2009
    I was trying to stay light hearted, but I am now starting to become really worried, it now has been 12 hours since I seen her and she hasn't touched the food, would she stay somewhere hidden and just die without looking for food?

5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Oh my! Good Luck. Where was she when she got out?

6. silkypie

silkypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    I would imagine if she was hungry she would go looking for food. I can't believe she hasn't yet... hmm.... I hope she comes home today!

7. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    do you have a inside cat or dog?

8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    You mean that it's not making the pitiful lost baby quail noise? That noise is ear-piercing!

9. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    I know I've had them get loose in the house before and for me at least they either went HIGH or low. On top of a curtain rod or under the couch or other chair where it was dark.

Good luck, I hope you find it,
    David

10. simplyscrambled

simplyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    OP, did you find it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by