HELP!!! I moved mama and hatchlings to a lower spot and now, Mama won’t set on them anymore......

Thanks for the help and encouragement! I have her in a dog crate in the garage. I have tried to put her on the eggs but she freaked out. She’s sitting close by but not on top of the eggs. I tried to put a heater on them but she freaked out about that too.
Maybe the best option is to keep them warm myself.....or maybe I should move them back......I just am not sure.
I wish I hadn’t moved them, but I thought I was doing the right thing at the time.....
Growing pains.......
Just move them back right away, I think you will know almost immediately if she will except that situation back again. I bet she will, she just doesn’t like the change of things and that is what is freaking her out. If she doesn’t except the nest back and you think the eggs will be getting cold, then try to figure out the situation to keep them warm

Just move them back right away, I think you will know almost immediately if she will except that situation back again. I bet she will, she just doesn’t like the change of things and that is what is freaking her out. If she doesn’t except the nest back and you think the eggs will be getting cold, then try to figure out the situation to keep them warm

This is what I would do.

That or try putting her/the eggs and the dog crate in the dark. A blanket over top might be enough for her to settle down.

Ditto Dat^^^

Back
Top Bottom