HELP!!! I moved mama and hatchlings to a lower spot and now, Mama won’t set on them anymore......

She’s back on them!!!! Thanks everyone!!!!View attachment 1726431
That’s great! How high is the nest box? You might also put a ramp leading up to the nest box because the baby chicks after two or three days should be able to use a ramp if it has little dividers mailed onto it. Something like this that you can make out of a fence board.

Attachments

• F5F8C3EE-FC2E-4F4A-A218-2499CFDE30D9.jpeg
    F5F8C3EE-FC2E-4F4A-A218-2499CFDE30D9.jpeg
    545.6 KB · Views: 5
That’s great! How high is the nest box? You might also put a ramp leading up to the nest box because the baby chicks after two or three days should be able to use a ramp if it has little dividers mailed onto it. Something like this that you can make out of a fence board.
Ok! Thanks. I’ll get to work on that today! It isn’t high really. The hens just hop in there so I should be able to make a ramp for them.
Thank you!!

Ok! Thanks. I’ll get to work on that today! It isn’t high really. The hens just hop in there so I should be able to make a ramp for them.
Thank you!!
Chicks are kinda stupid about ramps at first, just pile some extra bedding under the nest...they are pretty tough.
Once they are out and out of the nest, mama will probably settle down somewhere on the floor with them, might be good to have a 'nest' down there for them.

Back
Top Bottom