HELP!!! I moved mama and hatchlings to a lower spot and now, Mama won’t set on them anymore......

Yes!!! My phone was dead when I went out this morning so I’ll have to post a pic later, but I have one hatched and I can hear another chirping. Hoping the others peep out today!
What I do when I have a broody that nests off the ground is wait for about 24 hours after the first one hatches (or they’re all hatched - whichever comes first), then move mama and babies to the floor. They’ll be just fine and you don’t have to worry about them falling out that way.

I moved mama and babies into the garage and it was totally different. They are all fine and she is warming them. I feel good about them being away from all the other birds and on the ground.
I can’t thank y’all enough for all the help!! You saved the day!!!!!
I’ve attached a picture of the chicks. I removed them to get some pictures yesterday and to steal a few snuggles. Sweet sweet babies!
CAA9A602-F12A-4E52-8085-56D0C803377D.jpeg

I moved mama and babies into the garage and it was totally different. They are all fine and she is warming them. I feel good about them being away from all the other birds and on the ground.
I can’t thank y’all enough for all the help!! You saved the day!!!!!
I’ve attached a picture of the chicks. I removed them to get some pictures yesterday and to steal a few snuggles. Sweet sweet babies!View attachment 1730563
I’m glad everything turned out well for you and your family! They are just adorable!

There were still two eggs left today. Since it was so long and no peep holes, I opened them to see what I could learn. The egg popped when I cracked it and the chick seems to be nearly fully formed
The only thing is the yolk is still present in the abdomen.
I’m wondering if I killed her when I opened the egg....
I have her little body on a heating pad in case she still has a chance.....
Any thoughts??

Back
Top Bottom