Help. I need an emotional support team.

I'm to chicken to do that, so I do the broomstick method or the co2 chamber. When you put your ad on Craigslist, did you put it in the livestock section? That's where I put mine.
Yes. Livestock section. This area is rural and so swamped with people trying to rehome roosters. I have a couple of great nephews who enjoy hunting and meat. I'm goin to give one of them a call.
I really need to do it myself though.

Yes. Livestock section. This area is rural and so swamped with people trying to rehome roosters. I have a couple of great nephews who enjoy hunting and meat. I'm goin to give one of them a call.
I really need to do it myself though.
It's an important skill to have for sure, but I'm a big softie and it breaks my heart each time I do it. :(

Omg. Yesterday was stressful. Today is worse and it's only 8:30 a.m.
I have four 22 week old cockrels. They are beautiful and friendly. I've been meaning to get rid of them but I've procrastinated because they ARE beautiful and friendly. Friendly to people that is.
Yesterday one of them (the most beautiful and friendliest) killed my 28 week old cockrel. It was so sudden! He also chased my old hen.
I read and watched videos half the night and decided how to cull him in the most humane way. This morning before daylight I took him off the roost and did this:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/how-to-humanely-euthanize-chicken-by-dr/
I swear I felt the neck stretch. I layed him gently down when I finished. He got up, shook his head, and ran away!!! 🥺
FAIL!
I am going to try again.

Sorry that you had to go through that, it must have been hard enough to work up the nerve and worse when it didn't work out.

Hope things work out, one way or another.

We did the same thing here and it was such a success that we now do our swaps biweekly.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/c...ock/livestock-swap-sells-animals-and-supplies
This is our Farm Swap.
Coronavirus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom