HELP! I need answers!!!

lauranickerson

Songster
6 Years
Apr 17, 2013
Kingsley, MI
My Sebrights starting sneezing with runny noses about a month ago. Plus they were gurgling a little. I thought it could have just been the quick temperature change here, but now the worst one even has some eye excretions.

Now there are a lot of my large fowl that are sneezing with runny noses!

Heeding the only advice I've gotten on here so far, I put minerals, electrolytes, vitamins, and ACV in their water every day for about a week now. I haven't noticed any differences.

The original Sebright that is doing all the gargling and has the eye secretions didn't look all that good this morning. I threw the food int he run for them to scratch through, and he kind of moved in slow motion, while others pecked at him and his wings were drooping. I picked him up and he bit my glove, then if I moved my hand a tiny bit, he would try to catch his balance with his wings.

What should I do now??

Antibiotics? Corid? Worming (again for some)?

I'm just so lost and I don't think this is just a cold like I was hoping. I've invested so much into this flock and I would be very sad to lose them.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Weigh the sick one and one around his size, if he weighs less that the other he is not eating enough. I use kitchen scale.

they should have Baytril or similar at the feed store, but i havent used it myself. sounds like they need antibiotics now for sure.

luckily i havent had serious respiratory infections amongst my chooks but at any slight sign i give them oregano oil in their feed, or even dried flakes of oregano.
is supposed to be a natural antibiotic and as far as i can tell it helps...but if the symptoms are getting severe they probably need something stronger.

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom