help. I need any home remedies for laryngitis

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I woke up without my voice this morning.
    Luckily my daughter is at my moms until Thursday, but I know the guys at work are going to be relentless as long as I can only "speak" in a whisper. [​IMG]

I have been using honey for my cough. I have no soreness in my throat. Just a cough and no voice.
    Should I gargle with something? help!!!!

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Think it mostly takes time, but a few years ago when I had the same problem. Some of the people I worked with suggested double strength black tea w/ honey or sugar. It helped a little.
    and:
    Carry a stick.
    Imp/Russ

3. Kitchenella

Kitchenella Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2008
    Beitar Illit, Israel
    Lots of fluids and DON'T try to talk. Resting the cords is essential.

Good luck.

Peggy

4. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    We do chopped onions or garlic in honey that sits for a few hours in the fridge. Take some of that and drink lots of hot lemony tea... whatever you can find with lemon in it, or add some lemon to black tea. Don't talk. That's the best you can do for voices and most vocal coaches will tell you the same.

Good luck and rest that throat!

5. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Hot peppers, spicey foods, salty foods...any of these increases the mucus flow, coating these irritated areas and protecting them from further irritation. This is why its recommended to gargle with salt water for a sore, irritated throat.

6. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

Gosh, no one has offered the Old Vermont Home Remedy! A cup of hot water, a teaspoon of honey and a half a teaspoon to a full teaspoon of apple cider vinegar tea. Cures the flu, too!

7. cajunlizz

cajunlizz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Rhett&SarahsMom :

I woke up without my voice this morning.
    Luckily my daughter is at my moms until Thursday, but I know the guys at work are going to be relentless as long as I can only "speak" in a whisper. [​IMG]

I have been using honey for my cough. I have no soreness in my throat. Just a cough and no voice.
    Should I gargle with something? help!!!!

gargle with hot salt water and add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar . ( kills any infection )

ALSO , HOT TEA with alot ( I mean alot ) of lemons and honey .​

8. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    Unsweetened live culture yogurt, especially right before bed.

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Gargling with warm salt water will help a little. Also a shot of warm whiskey with lemon and honey in it. I do not drink and the one time I tried the whiskey method I bout died!!!!!!

10. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Quote:I havent had whiskey in ages.grrr. I just need my voice back.
    I had to have my dh order for me at lunch today. He is having WAY too much fun with this

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by