help. I need any home remedies for laryngitis

Rhett&SarahsMom

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
I woke up without my voice this morning.
Luckily my daughter is at my moms until Thursday, but I know the guys at work are going to be relentless as long as I can only "speak" in a whisper.
roll.png

I have been using honey for my cough. I have no soreness in my throat. Just a cough and no voice.
Should I gargle with something? help!!!!

Think it mostly takes time, but a few years ago when I had the same problem. Some of the people I worked with suggested double strength black tea w/ honey or sugar. It helped a little.
and:
Carry a stick.
Imp/Russ

We do chopped onions or garlic in honey that sits for a few hours in the fridge. Take some of that and drink lots of hot lemony tea... whatever you can find with lemon in it, or add some lemon to black tea. Don't talk. That's the best you can do for voices and most vocal coaches will tell you the same.

Good luck and rest that throat!

Hot peppers, spicey foods, salty foods...any of these increases the mucus flow, coating these irritated areas and protecting them from further irritation. This is why its recommended to gargle with salt water for a sore, irritated throat.

Rhett&SarahsMom :

I woke up without my voice this morning.
Luckily my daughter is at my moms until Thursday, but I know the guys at work are going to be relentless as long as I can only "speak" in a whisper.
roll.png

I have been using honey for my cough. I have no soreness in my throat. Just a cough and no voice.
Should I gargle with something? help!!!!

gargle with hot salt water and add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar . ( kills any infection )

ALSO , HOT TEA with alot ( I mean alot ) of lemons and honey .​

Gargling with warm salt water will help a little. Also a shot of warm whiskey with lemon and honey in it. I do not drink and the one time I tried the whiskey method I bout died!!!!!!

Quote:
I havent had whiskey in ages.grrr. I just need my voice back.
I had to have my dh order for me at lunch today. He is having WAY too much fun with this

Back
Top Bottom