Help! I need help with Breed and Gender on my Chicks.

Seems like the one with the black feathers on the wings is a Serema, the red one does seems to be a RIR, and I'm not so sure about the other ones, but as far as sex goes with those combs it seems like you've got all Roosters.

Thank you everyone. I really hope 3/4's of my starter chickens aren't Roos!!! I guess when these go to the Coop I will get another set of what's supposed to be pullets just in case. And sell or give away the Roos
hit.gif
I had anticipated on having 6 to 8 hens
hmm.png
and no Roos at all. Anyone ever had a quiet Rooster? lol

I can't tell about Turtle for sure without seeing the head full on. Could be leghorn or white rock, but i really didn't see enough to know.

Amelia looks to be a male RIR.

Angel looks like a Buff orpington to me, again male. But could be a buff something else probably.

I have no idea about the other one, except that it's definitely a he.
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you, I guess I will wait for the cockadoodle doo's to start rolling in
sad.png
I had a feeling that Cricket might be male because of the tail feathers. It's just hard to believe that these sweet loving chicks are all Roos and the only one that isn't...is Turtle, the white one.
CRAP! lol

I don't think all those breeds can be feather-sexed, so that may be where the problem lies. Because they do look to be roos. I think you were more than just 'misled', 'lied to' seems to fit better.

Back
Top Bottom