Help!! I opened incubator without knowing one of the eggs zipped

I see, towards the pointy end right? Leave him be for a while, sometimes they can manage to hatch even when malpositioned. Read the guide on assisted hatching just incase the need should arise again, but my suggestion is to leave them be for now, let them do their thing and try to be patient
Ok thank you!! I appreciate it

Ok thank you!! I appreciate it
I candled all the eggs they’re all shrink wrapped humidity was too low when i put the shelf liner i blocked the hole in the middle. The second chick i assisted also the yolk is still stuck will it be ok? It was so hot that it cooked the yolk inside the egg

Attachments

• 2A96856B-9854-4C5E-809D-0308E9A69D4A.jpeg
    2A96856B-9854-4C5E-809D-0308E9A69D4A.jpeg
    301.1 KB · Views: 7
I candled all the eggs they’re all shrink wrapped humidity was too low when i put the shelf liner i blocked the hole in the middle. The second chick i assisted also the yolk is still stuck will it be ok? It was so hot that it cooked the yolk inside the egg
what makes you believe they're shrink wrapped? That very rarely happens before external pips

is looks like there's some blood on him?
I know this was hours ago and whatever happened must've already happened, but if he is still alive and absorbing, then put him onto a clean paper towel, perhaps in a cup to protect him from the other chicks so that the yolk doesnt end up damaged? Perhaps someone more experienced can confirm that or offer better advice as I've not dealt with this situation.
@Miss Lydia do you know anyone who can chime in?

When assisting it is so very important to go slowly and ensure that the chick is not still absorbing. If they yawn, or chew with their beaks, then they still have yolk left. You should have started over the air cell, removed part of the shell, checked the membrane for blood vessels. If there were some, then stop and wait. If you can see yolk, stop, wait. Usually assisted hatches are only partial and the chick is able to complete on their own.
If you had seen the yolk you should have stopped and left him in his shell...
Did you not read the article on assisted hatching?
Hatching takes so much patience. Please don't assist again until you have thoroughly read the article and been advised to....

What is the temp of your incubator??

I'm going to quote one of your own previous posts:
Alot of blood was coming out, ill let nature take it course to see what happens if no sign of life ill take it out.
I suggest you "let nature take its course" with the remaining eggs by NOT trying to help any more chicks in this hatch. Even if you think they have trouble, just leave them alone.

Yes, I know it is hard to watch and wait, but it really is best for the chicks to hatch at their own slow rate (which is just right for them.)

I'm going to quote one of your own previous posts:

I suggest you "let nature take its course" with the remaining eggs by NOT trying to help any more chicks in this hatch. Even if you think they have trouble, just leave them alone.

Yes, I know it is hard to watch and wait, but it really is best for the chicks to hatch at their own slow rate (which is just right for them.)
:goodpost:Agree with you 100% Normally I am all for assisted hatches, but when people arent confident/dont know how to help, definitely best to just leave them be

I mean this in the nicest way possible but you need to do your research. I provided a great article for you to read on assisting with hatches if it is needed (key word being if because they should very rarely need assistance)
I’ll point out some things for future reference if you need to assist
Open a tiny bit of shell over the air sac (candle to find where the air sac is) it’s less likely to bleed if you open over the air sac. Have coconut oil on hand to put a tiny bit over the membrane so it doesn’t dry out.
If you assist any further you do it very slowly, if it bleeds you stop the bleeding and put the chick back.
If the chick is yawning/chewing it is NOT ready to come out.
The chick has to absorb all the yolk. Don’t pull the chick out of the shell while it’s absorbing. If you do and the chick still has some yolk not absorbed you put him back in the bottom half of the shell and place him in a way so he can’t move around much so he can finish absorbing. Please read the article again. If you are going to assist it needs to be done properly. Just because you assist slightly doesn’t mean you have to do everything. Most of the time a chick will get itself out. I understand you were very nervous and were doing your best to try and help these chicks but you didn’t go the best way about it. Also I don’t believe you can tell that a chick is shrink wrapped when you candle them.

Back
Top Bottom