HELP! I think I feel an egg inside her! *update*

Shorty looks much better today. She is eating, drinking, etc. (a lot of stinky "etc."
sickbyc.gif
)

It's fairly warm out today, but very wet and sloppy. I'm going to keep her in today, then return her to the coop tomorrow if she continues doing well.

If Shorty is eggbound lubricate the finger next to your thumb, and gently insert. Feel around to see if in fact you can feel the egg. If so see if you can break it, remove your finger and allow the broken egg to come out, using the lubricated finger gently insert and see if you can remove the chards of broken egg shell. This may take a little work but with the broken egg adding liquid the shell can be removed by the encouraging finger. This may be a little squeamish but thats how I have done it before and you can do it also. She should feel instand relief. Good luck. Paraclete 2

The egg and poo come out of the same vent, but not the same inside tract, heaven forbid...LOL I would be totally surprised if it was just poo that was causing her problem and I woud keep a close eye on her. Good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom