Help! I think my chicken may have E.Coli? Or worms?

Sadly, she passed away at the vets the same day... it sucks that I won't even know what she died of, they wanted 200-300 dollars just to test/diagnose/whatever she had; I think she died before they could even do anything to her. I just wish I was there to comfort her the whole time, or at least ask them if i could see her before I left the vet... that's what I regret the most.

Anyways, thank you guys for your replies! Hopefully whatever she had won't transfer to my other girls, they all still look fine and healthy

Rest in peace, Dotty.

Sorry for your loss. If you should lose another bird, it would be wise to have the chicken necropsied by a state vet. There sometimes is a nominal fee to euthanize and autopsy a chicken, but in many states it is almost free. Definitely less than a vet would charge, since they send them off usually and charge you for it. Here is a link to find your state vet that you should keep for future reference: http://agr.wa.gov/FoodAnimal/AnimalHealth/statevets.aspx

Last edited:
Thank you for the links, I bookmarked them, and I have no idea what our vet said since my dad went to go pick her up the next day. It'd be too late to send Dotty now though, since we've already wrapped her up, put her in a box and duct-tapped it all up.

Back
Top Bottom