HELP!!! I think my muscovy females dying!!!!

She may have a neck injury - see if you can very gently feel the neck for anything out of place. She may have something in her throat. If it suddenly block her airway, you can try gently straightening the neck and holding her so that she is pointed down a bit to try to dislodge it, or you could gently use half inch rubber tubing (medical tubing) down her throat to try to disloddge it - this is in case her airway gets completely blocked and you need to do something immediately.

Keeping her reasonably warm inside is a good idea.

Have you been able to look into her mouth at all? I know that is difficult with ducks for most of us. Don't know if she might have gapeworms? But if she suddenly became this way, I think injury or something stuck in her throat.

Hey I say to keep her isolated from the other ducks so that if it's a virus it doesn't spread. Keep trying to feed and water her because it's important she keeps her energy up. What I will do in this situation is drop a few drops of lemon in the water bowl so that when she drinks water it can kill any bad bacteria. I suggest to try and take her to the vet tomorrow or after the holidays and keep her warm tonight. She might have picked up a bacteria from the water or maybe while she was foraging. I can be wrong and it can be an injury like Amiga said.

Last edited:
Hi there everyone sorry haven't been on in a while the muscovy is great now back to normal we figured she had hypothermia from the cold its all nice and warm now that its spring her and her sister are doing great now that she's used to us she will sit outside with us
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom