help ID gamehens?

scovy123

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
bought these pretty game hens to set eggs. don't know what breed they are, anyone care to take a guess? doesn't matter too much as they are here just to be broody hens, still curious. wonder what color their matching roos would have been

Hen 1
80266_100_0245.jpg

Hen 2 (has gold/copper colored hackles at the back base of her neck)
80266_100_0243.jpg

Hen 3 (she has yellow legs if you can't see them)
80266_100_0240.jpg

thanx

The first may be a BB Red. The last hen looks like a wheaten. I'm not sure if that is the breed but it is the coloring. I don't have a clue on the black one. Games are great broodies and mothers!

Wow, I actually have some hens I want to ID that look just like these birds. I have one with like a mullet though. I too think yours and mine are a type of game hen, hope you can get more info on what they are.

thanks. i knew they were games because the fella i got them from that was all he had. but he had so many games he couldn't keep track and he was hard to understand and was hard of hearing so communication was poor.

Quote:
Posts some pics and someone here is bound to know what they are!

I want to, and will, just need to post enough to where I don't keep getting an error saying I can't post and pictures because I'm a new member. But know that pictures are coming.
big_smile.png

Aloha,

I have my guesses......

1st= BBR pattern hen

2nd = Brassy black hen with gypsy skin color (Black shin)

3rd= Wheaten hen

They are all AGF crossed in or out depends on the breeder. Different strains of the breed, so that I can not determine. But beautiful birds none the less....

Back
Top Bottom