IMG_0590.JPG IMG_0588.JPG IMG_0587.JPG
5 week old Jersey Giant hen or roo?
I also have these two that I think are ameraucana just not sure what kind..they
IMG_0585.JPG IMG_0585.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0586.JPG
    IMG_0586.JPG
    508.7 KB · Views: 12
The Jersey Giant's a rooster. Those wattles are huge and red for his age. Oddly, unless the bird is a peacomb [peacombs and facial feathering both suppress wattles] I find it easier to sex by wattles than by comb.

The two Ameraucanas are actually Easter Eggers--Ameraucanas are a solid colour, usually, and are fairly expensive. Also, they're guaranteed to have beards and yours don't look like they do.

Pretty birds, though. I love EEs.

The Jersey Giant's a rooster. Those wattles are huge and red for his age. Oddly, unless the bird is a peacomb [peacombs and facial feathering both suppress wattles] I find it easier to sex by wattles than by comb.

The two Ameraucanas are actually Easter Eggers--Ameraucanas are a solid colour, usually, and are fairly expensive. Also, they're guaranteed to have beards and yours don't look like they do.

Pretty birds, though. I love EEs.
Thank you so much , I do have one more I would like for you to guess at what kind she is IMG_0582.JPG

That's a beardless Easter Egger. Dark legs, pea comb, and weirdly stripey, cool-looking feathers. Generally, the feathers turn a paler quail colour as they age, which is sad.

This girl (mine) shows pretty classic colouring, even though she's a crossbreed. It's very dominant.
p1050377-jpg.1100780

Thanks for the compliment.

Unfortunately, she's also half silkie. And her broody mother was the Easter Egger. She has three full sisters. I am anticipating (with some dread) half of my flock going broody this year. Chicken problems...

Oh, and where are my manners? Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom