Help identify my "filler" chickens

japrasz

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 24, 2007
Hello I got a dozen Rhode Island Reds from the local feed and seed store. To keep them warm in shipping they added "filler." This filler was a dozen mystery chickens. I think they might be Araucana, but I'm not sure. They seem to be more agressive towards each other them the RIR. I know two are roosters so far. THey are 9 1/2 weeks old. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
If the link doesn't work let me know this is my first time posting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26355194@N00/?saved=1

frow.gif
Welcome to BYC!!

Wow! You have some beautiful Easter Eggers there! And for free, it doesn't get any better than that!!

Great!! Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to having blue/green eggs. I don't suppose any one could tell from the picture if they were pullets or cockerels. If not could anyone give me tips on how to tell the difference. Or do I need to post a new question for that.

I'm not sure what hatcher they used, but I think your right that most of them are roosters. I know of two for sure they have started crowing. Also, they seem very agressive compared to the RIRs.

I think one looks to me like a hen. But the rest of the EEs look rooster-ish. My one EE hen still has a yellow-pink comb and she is about 13 weeks old.

-MTchick

Back
Top Bottom