Help IDENTIFY these vines...

Gammas Bearded Babies

Crossing the Road
May 24, 2021
Middle Tennessee
Can yall help me identify these vines...they're wild growing and no joke probably 15 or so feet high
First 2 pics r of same vine.
Next 2 pics r of next vine I need identified.

Thought since these were free I could try to propagate and use around run fencing.
Thanks yall!
20190603_134753.jpg
20190603_134825.jpg
20190613_093231.jpg
20190613_092834.jpg

I think the pink rose is a prairie rose. We have them all over the place on our farm and timber.

And definitely trumpet vine. Mine just finished blooming.

They consider wild honeysuckle invasive here also but I don't have the heart to dig it out. It just smells so darned good in the spring when it blooms!

Trumpet vines propagate extremely easily. Yours look like American trumpets to me (which is good, the Chinese trumpet is invasive). Trumpet vines propagate extremely easily- you can dig up suckers, plant seeds from the pods, or bend a branch down to the ground with a rock or stake and wait for it to start rooting.
Awesome! Thanks so much for the info!!! R they also ok for the chickens? If they were to eat em?

If you cut or trim the trumpet vine, the root system become stronger. Trumpet vine spreads by root so you will have others popping up.
My trumpet vine grows on my chicken coop. My chickens have never attempted to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom