Help identify

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rowdydouillard, Nov 2, 2013.

1. rowdydouillard

rowdydouillard Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2013
    I right aised these from chicks in febaury. Just straight run bantams. I never posted them to figure out the breeds. Now I have three chicks that I let a broody hatch three chicks but I don't know from what hen or rooster [​IMG][​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]the six adults [​IMG] the three chicks

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  2. BettyBlueSilkie

BettyBlueSilkie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2013
    WA
    [​IMG]

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Indivdual pics of each chickens helps being able to identifying them so we can just say 1 is this 2 is that and so on. I see a D'uccle in there. The chicks are proably mutts considering it looks like you just have a bunch of breeds mixed together and their dosent even look to be a pair of the same breed. Might be able to determine which hen they came from when they are older though. With individual pics I will be able to help more :)

4. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    x2 From what I can see, I'd say the one in the top left photo is a Birchen Cochin. The ones in the top right photo (from left to right), I'd guess Dutch or OEGB, ?, ? (They almost seem like Dutch or OEGB. More photos of them would help), and black cochin (As long as she's got red earlobes. Or, I'd say she's at least a cochin mix). The bottom left photo I'd say the same as in the second photo, except I'd imagine the hen is probably the same as the roo you've got. And, yes, whatever the parents are, then the chicks would be that cross. The little brown striped ones are most likely from either your lovely-colored Dutch/ OEGB roo and/ or your little 'matching' brown/gray (Ugh, I've never been good at describing that color chicken!!) hen.

5. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    x2 :)

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

7. rowdydouillard

Oct 13, 2013
    Her earlobes are red thanks for the help. All the chicks hatched out of white eggs so I'm wondering how I got a black chick

8. rowdydouillard

Oct 13, 2013
    After looking at pictures and reading description I think everyone is correct. Birchen Cochin. Black Cochin. Oeg too and hen. I haven't figured out the two white hens. Atleast one chick came from the birchen because it has feathered feet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by