Help Identifying 2 Chickens

Victor27

In the Brooder
Sep 7, 2021
Hi! So I'm kind of new on here, been a long time reader but first time joining the actual forum. A couple of days ago I got gifted a lovely pair of chickens, one male and one female and I need some help identifying what breed they might be, that's considering if they have a specific one. Some quick info about them, they are quite small in body size, they have small combs, both are missing tail feathers, they both have dark olive green legs and the hen has been laying some bluish-skyblue eggs (in the picture I surrounded the 2 eggs with different colored eggs for comparison). So thanks beforehand, I really appreciate the help and love this page.

Attachments

• Blue eggs.jpeg
    Blue eggs.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 21
  • Gallo Kollonko 1.jpg
    Gallo Kollonko 1.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Kollonka 1.jpg
    Kollonka 1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Kollonka 2.jpg
    Kollonka 2.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 11
Where did you get them? I notice the caption for the picture calls them "Gallo Kollonko." Where are you from? In the US, Collonca would have similar characteristics. I wonder if this is a regional spelling? Either way, depending on source, Collonca is a fair bet :)

Hey! I got them from a family member in Chile and they told me something about it being called collonca but I didn't really catch the name that time so I've been kind of confused about the breed since I can't really seem to find much information about them like what standards they have to meet to be considered of that breed. Thanks for the reply!

I agree, they look like Colloncas.
Yes! Turns out they are. Contacted my family member and they confirmed it. They have a really neat story. They told me that they are making efforts to recover the original Mapuche breed or something that's closest to it in Chile, according to my aunt, she says that these two are quite close to that.

Yes! Turns out they are. Contacted my family member and they confirmed it. They have a really neat story. They told me that they are making efforts to recover the original Mapuche breed or something that's closest to it in Chile, according to my aunt, she says that these two are quite close to that.
Wow! That's interesting! Congrats on your special birds! :)

Back
Top Bottom