Help identifying a wild bird? -not sure where this goes-

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
Ok, I didn't see this fitting in other pets or the other domestic birds listed. I just wanted to figure out what kind of bird this was.

My cat got it a little bit ago and I had to run out and rescue it. She/He was ripping out feathers and cornered it on the porch. She/He seems fine now after being so shaken up, but after loosing all those feathers I didn't want to release it until I was sure. So its hanging out in a spare cage my neighbor had, and if all looks good tomorrow she/he will go free.

I 'think' from what I've just found it was a warbler. Maybe even a yellow-rumped warbler.

Opinions?

14084_img_6399.jpg

14084_img_6402.jpg

Hard to see from the photos, but there is a tiny bit of yellow under the wings where the tail begins, and a little yellow on the throat and under where the wing connects to the shoulders.

YEah, she burrowed in my hands as soon as I got her away. She's peek out and see the cat and she was right back in a second later. She was so freaked the poor thing... but man did that cat get mad at me. She wanted me to give the bird back and was batting my leg crying for it! (Like I don't feed her enough or something?! LOL)

Quote:
Sorry, but it looks too large for a warbler. Also, they migrate to S America. Size wise it looks like a Northern Mockingbird.

Jen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom