Help Identifying Chks / Duck

MoonSh1ne

In the Brooder
Feb 17, 2019
First and foremost, Hello~

I’ve lurked on here at times but decided to join today so I could get some help with identifying the breed of my duck and chickens. All of them were bought from my local Tractor Supply and raised by me. It would be really helpful if anybody has an idea of what breed one of these are or can confirm that what one of the Tractor Supply employees told me about the said breed was. In regards to three of the chickens, I was told that I was buying an Asian Black, a White Leghorn, and a Bantam (exact breed wasn’t listed or told to me). My duck however... was in a tub that was a mix of Pekin, Mallards, and another breed that I forgot but I know she (I assume it's a she) isn’t a Pekin. Lol, I would love to know for sure if she’s a Mallard because she’s not as brightly colored as the ones in pictures are so I’m not sure. P.S: Ignore the grey Bantam, the Rooster is the one I need help with.
BB0DB1C4-0D4E-43CF-B485-B38E2AEAD192.jpeg
CED556B8-8ACB-44F9-A39C-9332F59BDDAF.jpeg
A1A9BDB4-21DC-4A2A-9174-D862192F5331.jpeg
221F1C9E-AA6B-4A00-A316-159BAB524127.jpeg

My duck was a little harder to get pictures of because she hates getting her picture taken and I split her picture into two so that you could get a better look at her coloration. P.S: She's receiving a new big pen all to herself in a month or two so She won't be in that old chicken coup much longer :) Thank you ahead of time for any help~

Welcome to BYC :welcome

TSC doesn't sell austra whites, and austra whites have black leakage not rust
It is a amberlink I have several of them, sometimes they show rust colored leakage, but
sometimes they are all white.
The rooster bantam is an old english game bantam- the most abundant bantam breed at TSC
the black chicken is a black sex link AKA production black
the Duck is a Khaki cambell drake. TSC sells Rouens, pekins, and khaki's no mallards
hope this helps

Thank you ^.^

Lol, there's part of me that was hoping the duck really was a female because it would have been cool to have duck eggs.
I've never heard of Amberlink before but it does look like my white female. Though now I'm confused why Tractor Supply would list the chickens as one breed but really its something else ? lmao.

Your first bird looks to me like a second generation Red Sex Link. Red Sex Links are crosses between two breeds that results in white males, and red females. The females are supposed to be red with some white in places. Males are white with red/brown leakage on the shoulders. If you cross RSL's with RSL's, the offspring are not sex-linked. It appears that this happened, because your hen is clearly a hen, but she has rooster coloring.

The bantam rooster is a Black Breasted Red OEGB.
Black hen is a Black Sex Link.

Blue hen looks like an Andalusian Bantam.
White hen looks like an austra white, or is that poop on its wing ?
Rooster is some sort of bantam.
Black hen looks to be a black sex link.

Your duck is a mallard drake.

When my white hen started getting those brown spots, I always thought they were poop too but they never washed off. So those odd brown spots are part of her coloration

Welcome to BYC :welcome

TSC doesn't sell austra whites, and austra whites have black leakage not rust
It is a amberlink I have several of them, sometimes they show rust colored leakage, but
sometimes they are all white.
The rooster bantam is an old english game bantam- the most abundant bantam breed at TSC
the black chicken is a black sex link AKA production black
the Duck is a Khaki cambell drake. TSC sells Rouens, pekins, and khaki's no mallards
hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom