1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help identifying color?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ByeEyed, Aug 17, 2016.

1. ByeEyed

ByeEyed Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2016
    Hi! Hopefully this is the right place for asking what color my EE bantam is! She is 3.5 months old and I'm a lil stumped on what to call her coloring. I thought she was a wheaten at first but as she has gotten older, she has developed a slate gray/blue on her head. She looks like two birds in 1 body depending on the angle you look at! :confused: I thought it might be dirt from dust baths but I had to bring her in to clean her eye up and was able to verify that is her feather color.

What would be the appropriate color label? Thank you in advance!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    EEs have no coloring, because they are usually a mix of multiple Ameraucana colors. However, I would consider that (close to, but not technically) Wheaten.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree

4. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Similar to a Blue Wheaten

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

There is no name for that color. A geneticist could probably break down the symbols for you, but what you have is a pretty bird [​IMG]

6. purplechicken7

purplechicken7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2016
    North Carolina
    My Coop
    I have two EE pullets from Cackle Hatchery that look identical to this!

7. ByeEyed

ByeEyed Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2016
    Folks, I thank everyone kindly from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to answer my question!! I really appreciate all the insights on my girl! She is definitely a pretty girl thank you kindly! I guess I'll just keep calling her a non-standard wheaten color then! It's nice to have a description of the girls when talking with other people even though their colors may not have an "official" tag if you will :)

Purplechicken17, I would love to see pictures of your EE girls!! I got mine from My Pet Chicken and love looking at the myriad of EE colors that are out there!!

8. purplechicken7

purplechicken7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2016
    North Carolina
    My Coop
    Purplechicken17, I would love to see pictures of your EE girls!! I got mine from My Pet Chicken and love looking at the myriad of EE colors that are out there!![/quote]

[​IMG]
    These are all my EE girls from Cackle Hatchery!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by