Help identifying color?

ByeEyed

In the Brooder
May 21, 2016
Hi! Hopefully this is the right place for asking what color my EE bantam is! She is 3.5 months old and I'm a lil stumped on what to call her coloring. I thought she was a wheaten at first but as she has gotten older, she has developed a slate gray/blue on her head. She looks like two birds in 1 body depending on the angle you look at! :idunno I thought it might be dirt from dust baths but I had to bring her in to clean her eye up and was able to verify that is her feather color.

What would be the appropriate color label? Thank you in advance!

welcome-byc.gif

There is no name for that color. A geneticist could probably break down the symbols for you, but what you have is a pretty bird
smile.png

Folks, I thank everyone kindly from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to answer my question!! I really appreciate all the insights on my girl! She is definitely a pretty girl thank you kindly! I guess I'll just keep calling her a non-standard wheaten color then! It's nice to have a description of the girls when talking with other people even though their colors may not have an "official" tag if you will :)

Purplechicken17, I would love to see pictures of your EE girls!! I got mine from My Pet Chicken and love looking at the myriad of EE colors that are out there!!

Purplechicken17, I would love to see pictures of your EE girls!! I got mine from My Pet Chicken and love looking at the myriad of EE colors that are out there!![/quote]

34t6455.jpg

These are all my EE girls from Cackle Hatchery!

Back
Top Bottom