Help Identifying McMurray Rainbow Layers PIC HEAVY

Eris

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas
I ordered the rainbow layers from McMurray plus a few extras. I could use some help identifying them. (oops, I posted double pictures, I'll delete then later

Midwest Lizabeth

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 27, 2011
The McMurray site has photos and some utube clips of the baby chicks. Go look through them to guess what they sent you. I think the rust red chicks look like red leghorns. The top two look like ee/"Americana"-type chicks. The black ones with the yellowish white spots look like black Australorps. The ee's are mixed, so you may never know the exact breeds. Just take care of them and enjoy watching them grow.

We got 26 "ornamental layers" from McMurray back in June and I had guessed right on most of them by looking at the utube clips. We can't wait for our girls to lay eggs to see what color eggs the unidentified mixed chicks lay. Good luck. Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to be more helpful.

Eris

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas
We are already enjoying them!

This is what I know so far.
from my order:

1 black star male
1 delaware male
1 rhode island red male

from looking at them:

about 10 barred rock
a few Australorp
a few easter eggers

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:

kfacres

Songster
8 Years
Jul 14, 2011
Quote:pretty sure you are wrong so far... rainbow layers are all supposed to be hens, if I'm correct..

This time of year, I would guess you have quite a few black sex links, red sex links, EE, and a few RIR, and something that will lay white eggs...

erinangele

Songster
8 Years
Jul 2, 2011
Adorable! The one with the arrow shape on top of it's head looks like either a Speckled Sussex or Welsummer to me.

crayon

Songster
8 Years
Jun 7, 2011
Hillman Michigan
the ones that are multi colored brown with "eye liner" - like the 4th picture- those are Easter Eggers. You got quite a few in that batch.

It also looks like you got at least 2 Road Island Reds.

Top Bottom