Help Identifying McMurray Rainbow Layers PIC HEAVY

Eris

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas
I ordered the rainbow layers from McMurray plus a few extras. I could use some help identifying them. (oops, I posted double pictures, I'll delete then later
smile.png

Ggxt9.jpg

Jduy5.jpg

X5rKv.jpg

CZsQB.jpg

DKyVr.jpg

9Eldz.jpg

gDtvM.jpg

3boUV.jpg

ojcdf.jpg

6VnNE.jpg

KWkYK.jpg

GxSsb.jpg

wP0xd.jpg

UycWh.jpg

exZIV.jpg

EXv9Y.jpg

mam6O.jpg

5T9K6.jpg

vccJA.jpg

OFObJ.jpg

jdnXO.jpg

z2XVk.jpg

7f9wD.jpg

6d3GB.jpg

cpH8T.jpg

0EIfG.jpg

ZplKM.jpg

0R91j.jpg

eon4W.jpg

gOCht.jpg

ZAAT4.jpg

jV9P0.jpg

JHuuN.jpg

xiFg4.jpg

HnoqJ.jpg

foMp1.jpg

HHeQx.jpg

yoCRW.jpg

Rok7P.jpg

The McMurray site has photos and some utube clips of the baby chicks. Go look through them to guess what they sent you. I think the rust red chicks look like red leghorns. The top two look like ee/"Americana"-type chicks. The black ones with the yellowish white spots look like black Australorps. The ee's are mixed, so you may never know the exact breeds. Just take care of them and enjoy watching them grow.

We got 26 "ornamental layers" from McMurray back in June and I had guessed right on most of them by looking at the utube clips. We can't wait for our girls to lay eggs to see what color eggs the unidentified mixed chicks lay. Good luck. Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to be more helpful.

We are already enjoying them!

This is what I know so far.
from my order:

1 black star male
1 delaware male
1 rhode island red male

from looking at them:

about 10 barred rock
a few Australorp
a few easter eggers

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:
Quote:
pretty sure you are wrong so far... rainbow layers are all supposed to be hens, if I'm correct..

This time of year, I would guess you have quite a few black sex links, red sex links, EE, and a few RIR, and something that will lay white eggs...

Adorable! The one with the arrow shape on top of it's head looks like either a Speckled Sussex or Welsummer to me.

the ones that are multi colored brown with "eye liner" - like the 4th picture- those are Easter Eggers. You got quite a few in that batch.

It also looks like you got at least 2 Road Island Reds.

Back
Top Bottom