Help identifying my chicks šŸ˜€

Thankyou, yes i guessed the first black one was a boy, what is RIR? I got them from various places the first came from a batch of mixed breed eggs from ebay the 2nd-5th came from a guy local to me they were bought as pure silkies at a few days old the last 8 came from a batch of silkie cross eggs that i bought from a guy local to me, i also got a silkie cross broody from him with 9 pure silkie chicks. View attachment 2648711View attachment 2648712View attachment 2648713
RIR-Rhode Island Red, they are a dark red color

Ok, then yes the smooth feathered ones are most likely silkie crosses.

Pic 3-12 are silkies ( smooth feather white one most likely silkie mix), black one possibly silkie mix ( boy), red one RIR?(boy) the last one Partridge bantam. Where did you get them?

Silkies have fluff, dark skin, also dark crests and beaks, fluff on their heads creating the ā€˜poofā€™, a ā€˜flatā€™ comb, feathers on the bottom of their wings, and tops of their tails. Some Silkies also have a beard. Any Silkie who has lighter skin, lighter comb, feathers on their whole bodyā€™s, no poof on their head (they can often still have fluff rather then feathers), a ā€normalā€ comb, or a not fully black beak is a silkie mix. This should help you tell the differences between your Silkies and Silkie mixā€™s. To know for sure youā€™ll have to wait until they are fully feathered out as I am unsure if the 7th photo down is a pure Silkie (heā€™s looking more like a Silkie mix). The chick in the 2nd photo down is a silkie mix. The 4th photo is a Silkie mix. The last photo is also a Silkie mix. They arenā€™t the best photos but again this information that I gave you should help you identify them :)

Back
Top Bottom