Help identifying my ducks please.

Just know chicken wire can be ripped apart very easy it’s actually only to keep poultry in not predators out. Hopefully the holes are small enough nothing can get through or reach through.

1 of the lighter taller ones might be pure.. might; probably not but just got the good genetics, the other lighter one is a clear Indian runner mix.

They are splash/silver/lavender depending on where you live.
But they look like blue+brown=black=grey + making it ligther genetics. The names for this is different all over the world.

It is in most country's not an official colour; due to if I might be blunt; the terrible results you get when breeding; colourwise. But I LOOOVE it. It's such a pretty colour! I wish there were more of them; but there aren't because it ia the top-challenge to breed that colour. Mission impossible. But that makes them even more pretty :0 Congrats!

1 of the lighter taller ones might be pure.. might; probably not but just got the good genetics, the other lighter one is a clear Indian runner mix.

They are splash/silver/lavender depending on where you live.
But they look like blue+brown=black=grey + making it ligther genetics. The names for this is different all over the world.

It is in most country's not an official colour; due to if I might be blunt; the terrible results you get when breeding; colourwise. But I LOOOVE it. It's such a pretty colour! I wish there were more of them; but there aren't because it ia the top-challenge to breed that colour. Mission impossible. But that makes them even more pretty :0 Congrats!

Thank you. They were the only 2 dark colored chicks there (at least at the time). My son picked them out over all the others. I love the dark beaks and legs. They are easily distinguishable between the 2. One have a lighter gray beak and legs. We had 2 fawn and white runners that we ordered but they got killed. So i think my mom is happy that we have "penguin" ducks

Hatchery Runner ducks are defiantly not show quality but they are still Runners and the hatchery TSC buy from doesn't sell mixed breeds. My Runners parents came from Metzers and aren't show quality but are still Runners. Just Hatchery.

Hatchery Runner ducks are defiantly not show quality but they are still Runners and the hatchery TSC buy from doesn't sell mixed breeds. My Runners parents came from Metzers and aren't show quality but are still Runners. Just Hatchery.

We got our rouen and kc from mcmurry hatchery but the runners from tsc

Splash in color? So not full blood blue but a mixed breed?

No, not quite. This site explains the genetics.

https://poultrykeeper.com/poultry-breeding/genetics-blue-birds/

But in a nutshell, if you breed two pure blue runners, some of the offspring will be blue in color, some will be black in color, and some will be splash in color depending on which genes are inherited from the parents. So your duck is still pure, and still likely came from blue parents, and still carries blue genes and can still have blue offspring, but your duck looks to be SPLASH in color.

Back
Top Bottom