1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help identifying roosters

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mgchik, Jul 5, 2016.

1. mgchik

mgchik New Egg

Jul 5, 2016
    Can anyone help me identify my three roosters? They are about 16 weeks old. Thanks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    Are they just picking their feathers out, or is the last one a naked neck?
    The second pic looks like a Dominique.
    The first, maybe a New Hampshire Red?

3. mgchik

mgchik New Egg

Jul 5, 2016
    Two of them are naked necks (top and bottom pics) :)

4. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    Ah okay. Looks like you have a naked neck Dominique and a naked neck New Hampshire, and a normal Dominique

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

The naked necks are only partially naked, so I'm guessing they're Turken mixes. Mixed with what.....who knows. Something barred for the barred bird, but not Dominique as the rose comb is dominant. maybe a barred Rock, that's the most common barred breed.

The rose combed bird looks like a Dominique, but a full body shot would help id. His overall darker color makes me think he's not a pure bred bird either.

6. mgchik

mgchik New Egg

Jul 5, 2016
    My son's third grade class hatched them as a 4H project and he got to bring the chicks home to raise. The eggs were donated by a local farmer so I figured they may be a mixed bag. We are totally new to chickens (we are beef farmers). You have been very helpful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by