Help identifying type?

Here are my mallards when they were about 3 weeks old, your mallard/rouen is about 4 weeks old. They are definitely not one month old if they were they would be fully featherd.

Last edited:
Well, mine were 5 weeks in that pic. They started to get pinfeathers then. At 6 weeks they were partially feathered and at 7, fully feathered minus the wings. Now they're partly through the eclipse phase. Here they are- 10 weeks old now. :love

Well, mine were 5 weeks in that pic. They started to get pinfeathers then. At 6 weeks they were partially feathered and at 7, fully feathered minus the wings. Now they're partly through the eclipse phase. Here they are- 10 weeks old now. :love

Being that they are different ages I say it's a Mallard.

Last edited:
Good idea, I'm not sure he even knows though haha. Not exactly duck breeder extraordinaire so to speak... 

Well, it's you'll know soon enough! :D Is the Mallard/Rouen already starting to get feathers, or pinfeathers? If so, it's probably older.
The trouble with Pekins is they grow so fast! If they grew at an average rate it would be easier to tell if the striped one is older! :eyeroll

hmm no pin feathers on either yet.

A little off topic, but they both hate me, lol is there a way I can make them come around? 

Make sure you handle them lots. Pick them up quite a bit. Also one thing you can do is have them past just under your hand on the way into their coop or food- mine had to and they are must better with being pet now. Eventually you can hand feed your ducks. Still trying to with mine! They are stubborn! :D

Back
Top Bottom