HELP IDK IF THIS IS GONNA HATCH IS IT GOOD?!

Quail chicks are very fragile compared to chicken chicks. They need certain feed and offer will get lost in a brooder and need help getting back to the warmth
True I see what you mean and there super easy to drown and u have to teach it to eat but on the other hand j have a small rib that I will upgrade it as it gets bigger and ill research there feed but if I get them

I only have guineas, so I can't really speak on other birds, other than things I've noticed.
Chicken eggs are considered the easiest to hatch & in the shorter amt of time, but more susceptible to disease. Acquiring feed for them is easier, and some feed them table scraps.
Conversely, even in the states, I was having to have turkey/gamebird starter shipped to me for the 1st 3 seasons. Local TSC finally caught on this fall that it might be a good idea to supply food for birds they sell 🤦‍♀️. The eggs are easy to incubate, but far more fragile than chickens in their 1st week of life. Once they get through the 1st 14 days, they're very resilient birds less susceptible to diseases. (They're also very loud).
So if quail have special feed, take that into consideration. We've been trying to help someone else in another ctry figure out how to supplement bc special feeds aren't available, nor can it be shipped to her.
On the other hand, quail are small, and from what I've read, thrive on human attention where as guineas would prefer to be left alone.-or so they say. 🤷‍♀️ mine have never mentioned it. Likewise, it seems like chickens are more domesticated as well.
So your choices shld be related to
1. Space - where are you keeping this bird when it's grown?
2. Access- feed requirements & possible medications or treatments
3. Purpose - are you wanting eggs, meat, or a pet?

I only have guineas, so I can't really speak on other birds, other than things I've noticed.
Chicken eggs are considered the easiest to hatch & in the shorter amt of time, but more susceptible to disease. Acquiring feed for them is easier, and some feed them table scraps.
Conversely, even in the states, I was having to have turkey/gamebird starter shipped to me for the 1st 3 seasons. Local TSC finally caught on this fall that it might be a good idea to supply food for birds they sell 🤦‍♀️. The eggs are easy to incubate, but far more fragile than chickens in their 1st week of life. Once they get through the 1st 14 days, they're very resilient birds less susceptible to diseases. (They're also very loud).
So if quail have special feed, take that into consideration. We've been trying to help someone else in another ctry figure out how to supplement bc special feeds aren't available, nor can it be shipped to her.
On the other hand, quail are small, and from what I've read, thrive on human attention where as guineas would prefer to be left alone.-or so they say. 🤷‍♀️ mine have never mentioned it. Likewise, it seems like chickens are more domesticated as well.
Quail are skittish. They don't like to be handled. They're also capable of being quite savage and primitive little birds. They're worse than chickens when it comes to pecking someone to death.

Honestly the only reasons I've seem people get quail besides as little side producers, is because you can usually get away with having them as opposed to chickens in town

Okay so first NOOO I do not want it for meat or eggs I want it to be a pet yes I might take eggs time to time but that's not the point i want it to be some what affectionate and atleast 8 or or hours to spend time with them and pet them
Fo space we have a pretty big backyard around area covered in weeds but ill fix it up and I could keep it in a COOP ousdie for night but okay bare with me but I might like to have let's say chiken as like a house pet with access to outsdie like a dog so I'm not sure?

Quail are skittish. They don't like to be handled. They're also capable of being quite savage and primitive little birds. They're worse than chickens when it comes to pecking someone to death.

Honestly the only reasons I've seem people get quail besides as little side producers, is because you can usually get away with having them as opposed to chickens in town
Ohhh then there most likey a horrible fit for me bc I want to handle them :(( awe but I have a hard time finding good chiken eggs so quail must have to be it and I can keep it indoors in a big kiddish pool with a lid or whatever

I'm glad you pointed that out. I had someone wanting to give me some. I wasn't interested, but as mentioned from what I read, I did think abt it. We got the goons to eat ticks, but they quickly became part of the family.

I'm glad you pointed that out. I had someone wanting to give me some. I wasn't interested, but as mentioned from what I read, I did think abt it. We got the goons to eat ticks, but they quickly became part of the family.
Awww that's cutee!!,how are they they for handling I have time to tame them and spend time with them as a baby!

Back
Top Bottom