HELP IDK IF THIS IS GONNA HATCH IS IT GOOD?!

Pics
And it dose not smell bad at all
Because it isn't rotten. Something likely started, but didn't survive. I've found those usually don't have much of an smell, even of they die at day 18.
Ooof that sucks but whys it getting bigger
Because there was something, and now the bacteria is growing inside

Because it isn't rotten. Something likely started, but didn't survive. I've found those usually don't have much of an smell, even of they die at day 18.

Because there was something, and now the bacteria is growing inside
Ohhh true one was SPELLING I opened it up it had black spot and was bad

I wondered where you were that was still on lockdown. Ok, back in the day when folks made their own stuff, they used wet bulb thermometers. If you can get two old fashioned thermometers and a shoestring, you can do this. https://sciencing.com/measuring-wet-bulb-temperature-7863.html
Ohhh that's cool lock down is technically over but there still kinda worried and my dad probably wont let me buy the humidity thing bc I all ready got all th other things and he thinks humidity is not that important but will see

Ohhh that's cool lock down is technically over but there still kinda worried and my dad probably wont let me buy the humidity thing bc I all ready got all th other things and he thinks humidity is not that important but will see
Humidity is extremely important. The shell is porous, that's why it's important to wash your hands before handling eggs, if there are germs on your hands...
Anyway, the correct balance is necessary. If humidity is too low, the embryo can get stuck to side of shell. It'll seem to develop normally, but unable to hatch.
If humidity is too high,the chick may drown before hatch.
Ventilation is important, bc again, the egg is porous. The egg needs to be able to exchange oxygen. Good news, we don't have to measure air flow, we just keep the vent open.
There are different ways to incubate, some use the dry method where humidity is kept around 36% until lockdown, when we stop turning the eggs and don't open incubator, then raise it to 65-70%. Others use a higher amt of humidity throughout. I think it's a combination of personal preference and the environment's humidity.
Some track the air cell's growth to determine how much humidity they should use. That doesn't work for me as I've got eggs that were abused in shipping, & my aircells needed to reestablish themselves. So I weigh my eggs, shooting for a total weight loss of 13% by lockdown. But w/o knowing what your relative humidity is, it would be hard to adjust it.

Humidity is extremely important. The shell is porous, that's why it's important to wash your hands before handling eggs, if there are germs on your hands...
Anyway, the correct balance is necessary. If humidity is too low, the embryo can get stuck to side of shell. It'll seem to develop normally, but unable to hatch.
If humidity is too high,the chick may drown before hatch.
Ventilation is important, bc again, the egg is porous. The egg needs to be able to exchange oxygen. Good news, we don't have to measure air flow, we just keep the vent open.
There are different ways to incubate, some use the dry method where humidity is kept around 36% until lockdown, when we stop turning the eggs and don't open incubator, then raise it to 65-70%. Others use a higher amt of humidity throughout. I think it's a combination of personal preference and the environment's humidity.
Some track the air cell's growth to determine how much humidity they should use. That doesn't work for me as I've got eggs that were abused in shipping, & my aircells needed to reestablish themselves. So I weigh my eggs, shooting for a total weight loss of 13% by lockdown. But w/o knowing what your relative humidity is, it would be hard to adjust it.
Yea I'll see if I can convince him he also said they dont breath when they are in the egg whitch ik is fake lol

Back
Top Bottom