Help idk what to do!

chickenman328

Hatching
Jul 22, 2021
I have had a chicken egg in my incubator for 29 days now! It is peeping but not hatching what do i do? Should i help it hatch or something? Thanks

I should have hatched a week ago. Your incubator must be running really cool or you have a duck egg. have you candled recently? If you're concerned, you can pick a small safety hole in the air end of the egg.

I have had a chicken egg in my incubator for 29 days now! It is peeping but not hatching what do i do? Should i help it hatch or something? Thanks
The timing sounds more like a duck or turkey egg than a chicken. How sure are you of the source?

It sounds like it's pipped internally, meaning whatever in there has popped it's beak (or bill) into the air cell at the fat end. I'm not sure how long a duck or turkey would take between the internal pip to the external pip (and subsequent zip) but I've had chicks peeping away inside their unbroken shell for 12 hours before the external pip. How long has yours been noisy?

I should have hatched a week ago. Your incubator must be running really cool or you have a duck egg. have you candled recently? If you're concerned, you can pick a small safety hole in the air end of the egg.
I have three thermometers in the incubator where the eggs is (and around it) and it says the temp is 39.5 degrees celsius. I have cancelled it and it is moving!

The timing sounds more like a duck or turkey egg than a chicken. How sure are you of the source?

It sounds like it's pipped internally, meaning whatever in there has popped it's beak (or bill) into the air cell at the fat end. I'm not sure how long a duck or turkey would take between the internal pip to the external pip (and subsequent zip) but I've had chicks peeping away inside their unbroken shell for 12 hours before the external pip. How long has yours been noisy?
It's definitely a chicken egg and is alive! It came from my own chickens and even though i have ducks the egg looks far from a duck egg! Mine has been noisy for 2-3 days and we really want it to live.

Interesting; 39.5C and 29 days... if those are both accurate, I'm definitely curious to see this chick.

IDK what to tell you about whether to assist or not. If it's been peeping for a few days, it's getting enough oxygen. It'll pip when its hormones trigger that instinct.

How high is the humidity?

If the chick isn't ready to pip yet and you make a safety hole in the fat end, the egg might lose enough moisture to shrink wrap the chick.

Personally, I'd let it ride until it either pips and stalls for more than 10-12 hours or hatches.

Interesting; 39.5C and 29 days... if those are both accurate, I'm definitely curious to see this chick.

IDK what to tell you about whether to assist or not. If it's been peeping for a few days, it's getting enough oxygen. It'll pip when its hormones trigger that instinct.

How high is the humidity?

If the chick isn't ready to pip yet and you make a safety hole in the fat end, the egg might lose enough moisture to shrink wrap the chick.

Personally, I'd let it ride until it either pips and stalls for more than 10-12 hours or hatches.
The humidity is at %70 and i also have 2 hygrometers in there!

Back
Top Bottom