HELP!! I'm Confused!!!!**With PICS****

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
I just went over to the aviary to look at the birds and i just saw my white male button quail lay an egg????

he was in the nest box then pop it falls out of him it look painful??

reason i say male is because he crows everyday and growls i'm confused!

5429_2008_0927nestbutton110001.jpg

Last edited:
smile.png

yeah, but yours does

No seriously,
I have heard on this forum that some hens will crow, maybe no a full blown cockadoodledo, but its some sort of crow none the less.
I don't know the reason for it.
Just a month ago I posted about how I was upset that my favorite pullet crowed so now I knew it was a rooster and I couldn't keep it.
People started saying that sometimes the pullets will do that and not to be too hasty on getting rid of a roo.
If I can find that thread again I will post it.

She Is A He!My favorite hen is a roo.

this was the title of the thread and for some reason i can't bring it up.
Whenever I put it in as search or for author search it brings me to my own personal page with my settings.
Maybe if you try it in the search section the thread will come up for you. I will work on it again too.

Okay, I pulled it up and this is what one of the poster says.
I know there is a few other threads that address this as well. Hopefully someone will also chime in.

One of my BA pullets crows periodically and I KNOW she's a she bc she lays eggs! So *maaaaybe* yours IS a hen who like to pretend she's a boy? Just thinking....

Thanks

it's still confusing though..lol i guess it will be some getting use to

Last edited:
Just for the record there is no possible way that a roo laid an egg and I have a few hen's that do try and crow!! You either have a hen or the one you thought laid the egg, didn't!!

Last edited:
I had a hen once that instead of the usual cackle after laying an egg she would crow as good as the roosters did. and I know it was her egg cause she was in a pen by herself!

Back
Top Bottom