Help I'm confused

Karenlong

Hatching
Feb 10, 2015
So I purchased three females adult ducks because the drakes were out numbering the hens. All most immediately we noticed that the boys liked the two females but not the little one that was a Indian Runner and smaller then the other and also sounded weird and very sqeaky so we named her Sqeaks. The males were picking on her realy bad, ripping her feathers off of her head and causing bleeding. So I assumed she must be a he! He is not laying eggs, however he does not have a curled tail feather and he is not interested in the females, he does have that raspy sound not a quack but it is very high pitched. So I kept them separated for safety until I lost my male in another flock to a fox attack. So this flock now had four females that were mounting each other when in the pond, so I took Sqeaks to that pen to see how everyone acted with him and they loved him!! But now I notice he is showing some interest in the females and does mount them (but the females are still mounting each other) but I have never seen his penis, he doesn't have one!! Has anyone ever seen anything like this.?

Last edited:
Please put a pic. Sounds like he might be a Muscovy, but I need to see a pic for sure.
And you can't see ducks penises, unless you properly vent sex them, and even sometimes the cloaca won't invert.

Every now and then there is an "odd duck" in the flock. I have a duck who developed a drake feather after a drake was introduced to the flock. And I have a duck who screamed so much at the drake that she's permanently hoarse.

Every now and then there is an "odd duck" in the flock.  I have a duck who developed a drake feather after a drake was introduced to the flock.  And I have a duck who screamed so much at the drake that she's permanently hoarse.

Reg: odd duck

When I was growing up, our duck, Duck Duck, would mount your foot. But only if you were wearing flip flops. Flip flops turned him on.

Back
Top Bottom