Help! I'm looking for a dog breed that....

Pics
Any APBT with Human agression was culled on the spot in the making of the APBT. They called them man biters. Dogs who bit their handlers when being pulled off another dog in a pit fight? Culled. They DO NOT have human agression and quite frankly they are so sweet

but they DO have high prey drive, dog agression, high energy, high drive. Not for the faint of heart. Most often these days the are used for bull baiting. They are hardy dogs.

Invisible fence only keeps the dog home if the dog is properly trained and the collar is properly fitted on the dog and the collar is working properly.
We had an invisible fence during our boxer's puppy years because the place we were in didn't have a fence and that was the only thing they would let us put in. It went great for the 2 years we were there. He was a smart dog was trained to sit stay come roll over etc, and never gave us any issues with it. The ONLY time there was an issue was a stray cat that had teased him really bad when he was a puppy.

I'll never forget that incident. I was in the kitchen and saw the cat walking down the street. Didn't think anything of it. Turned to get something out of a cabinet, heard this almighty yelp and I knew what he'd done. Raced out the front door and sure enough there's my dog chasing the neighbor's cat into the bushes by another house down the road. That dog had not missed a beat, knew exactly what he was doing and took the shock to go after that darn cat. So here I am in my PJ's and barefoot yelling at my dog, running down the road, that homeowner comes out and is staring at the whole scene and I'm apologizing like crazy while my dog is shaking the entire stand of bushes - really thick bushes like pompass grass or something 10ft high. I couldn't even see where he was, that stubborn headed puppy dog it seemed like it took forever to get him out of there.

Good news was that was the only incident, cat was not harmed and never walked past our house or teased the dog again! 🤦‍♀️

The ones with the round skulls=scary
I might be thinking of boxers for the other ones?

Round faces is a breed trait from the much more popular american staffordshire terrier

Most shelter mixes resemble AST'S, not APBT'S

AM Staff :
90e44a73-3c2d-416d-846c-0321d38ab7b2.jpeg

Staffie Bull :
3c02ea94-9f04-4bde-b53f-7b783d51f6f6.jpeg

APBT :
52366159-3dce-487c-bfb2-3e6c5f215a00.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom