Help! I'm looking for a dog breed that....

Pics
I've been looking at a lot of breeders (just for fun) and lot ask where you're going to be getting formal obedience classes for your dog? Not are you, where are you? Is formal obedience training required by most breeders? My parents have always done fine on their own, and I was looking forward to training.

Also, it's not good if a breeder has a page where the sentences all go like this and they just dont stop or have punctuation at all, they breed corgis they have females for sale that are now 14 weeks old they dont use punctuation or ever seem to end a sentence

It's also kinda suspicious if a breeder has puppies at adoption age available, right?

I've been looking at a lot of breeders (just for fun) and lot ask where you're going to be getting formal obedience classes for your dog? Not are you, where are you? Is formal obedience training required by most breeders? My parents have always done fine on their own, and I was looking forward to training.
There could be a number of reasons they ask this.
An untrained dog from their stock could potentially reflect poorly upon the breeder.
If it's "show stock" that they breed, they probably expect most of their sellers to want to show - which show dogs need ample training.
It could also be that they want to make sure you are considering training, as it's beneficial to owner and dog. (Not that all dogs that don't go to training are misbehaved or bad, just that untrained dogs can become nuisances and if they have a program where they'll take back their pups (at whichever age) it can be problematic to introduce 'troublemakers' to their dogs)
I'm just guessing here though, as the only dog we ever got from a breeder didn't ask about obedience classes. ^^;;

Also, it's not good if a breeder has a page where the sentences all go like this and they just dont stop or have punctuation at all, they breed corgis they have females for sale that are now 14 weeks old they dont use punctuation or ever seem to end a sentence

It's also kinda suspicious if a breeder has puppies at adoption age available, right?

😂

I would expect somebody who has pride in their dogs and their kennels would use proper grammar!!

most breeders require PUPPY classes for socialization purposes!

😂

I would expect somebody who has pride in their dogs and their kennels would use proper grammar!!
I know, right? 'my name is michelle and i have been breeding corgis for over 12 years my dogs have one many titles in both show and herding competitions blah blah blah' 'Owner: michelle westbrook' (that's a made up name lol) Who doesn't capitalize their name!?
most breeders require PUPPY classes for socialization purposes!
?

English :
English Cocker Spaniel_ In the top three.jpeg

American :
Crufts 2013 Results.jpeg

Springer :
DOG SHOW POOP.jpeg

I have learned that stairs are not good for corgis' backs
I now have a visual of a corgi going up a ramp
and it is ADORABLE
We had one that was afraid of going down the stairs. Not an issue at our house, but once at a vacation house she kept following people upstairs and then expecting to be carried back down :gig

Back
Top Bottom