Help! I'm looking for a dog breed that....

Pics
I'm sorry, I have not read anything but the first and last page. I wanted to say two things. One is that any working, hunting dog is bred to have a lot of sustained energy. In other words it takes a lot of exercise to use up all their energy. The herding breeds usually, besides the energy, need to have a job to do, or they will not be happy.
Can a job be something like further obedience training? Or does it have to be herding something?
You probably need to research for a dog with low energy. That means that they will be ok to go on walks, but when they get back to the house will be content to lay around and not require a lot of attention.
That's the exact kind of dog that we don't want, though- we love playful, active dogs that aren't just couch potatoes.
The most important thing is to research, research, research.
What do you think I'm doing with making a 39 page thread to get suggestions, then researching them?
People who don't do that often end of with dogs they don't want because they didn't realize things about their personalities that are not always known.
Do you have an example? (not suspicious of the claim, just having trouble visualizing it)

Back
Top Bottom