Help! I'm looking for a dog breed that....

Pics
There was someone a while back that gave me two recommendations....one I said I'd look into, and one that I said was a spitz type breed. Then they said that they thought that despite the spitzyness, it seemed like a really good fit. Anyone remember what breed it was? May have started with s?

Somewhat independent, strong prey drive, tendency to bark, very hard to find.

While it's wildly fun to sort through all the different breeds, functionally, there are 50-75 that you'll actually be able to find, without serious hunting, spending 2k or more and/or spending over a year on a waiting list.

What's your timeline for getting a pup?

Somewhat independent, strong prey drive, tendency to bark, very hard to find.
Well frick.
While it's wildly fun to sort through all the different breeds, functionally, there are 50-75 that you'll actually be able to find, without serious hunting, spending 2k or more and/or spending over a year on a waiting list.
A friend told me to check these ones out, I'm not just looking through a list lol
I was thinking with rarer breeds, there'd be fewer irreputable backyard breeders, and shorter wait lists for puppies.
What's your timeline for getting a pup?
Timeline is puppy ASAP- we've been waiting to get another dog for four years, and now that the last building block has clicked into place, we can go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom