HELP!!! I'm not seeing movement.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by steffpeck, Apr 4, 2008.

1. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I have eggs in my bator. Today is day 13 and when I have been candleing the eggs the last few days, I have been seeing the chicks moving like crazy. I just checked 3 of the 7 that have been growing, and I am not seeing movement in them. I think I may have seen movement like a beak moving or something in one of them, but nothing in the other two. Have they died??? I hope they are just getting to big to see them moving. Please tell me what you think.

2. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Maybe they are sleeping give it a day or two and try again.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Lots of times I don't see them moving...they will be fine...patience!!

4. steffpeck

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Thanks!! This is my first time hatching eggs, and it has been so fun!! I have seem them moving all over the last few days and now nothing, just scares me a bit. I am already attached to these silly little things. [​IMG]

5. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Wait til they hatch and see how much you love them.

6. steffpeck

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I just candled the rest of them, and sorted out the bad eggs, and I was able to see movement in all of them. They must have been sleeping. [​IMG]

I started with 13 silkie eggs and have 7 of the 13 growing and 10 Black/Blue Cochin eggs and have 3 of the 10 growing. Hopefully they make it the rest of the way. I will be glad when the next week is over. [​IMG]

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I put some buff brahma eggs in the hatcher yesterday at day 19. I candled them and only saw movement on 2. This morning I woke up to 5 pips on 7 eggs, so I guess they do sleep.

8. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

As they get big, you see less movement. Nothing like when they were 8 days old! Don't worry about it. [​IMG]

9. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:So much fun? I went [​IMG] [​IMG] my first time. LOL [​IMG] Good Luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by