HELP!!! I'm not seeing movement.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by steffpeck, Apr 4, 2008.

1. steffpeck

steffpeck Songster

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I have eggs in my bator. Today is day 13 and when I have been candleing the eggs the last few days, I have been seeing the chicks moving like crazy. I just checked 3 of the 7 that have been growing, and I am not seeing movement in them. I think I may have seen movement like a beak moving or something in one of them, but nothing in the other two. Have they died??? I hope they are just getting to big to see them moving. Please tell me what you think.

2. Maybe they are sleeping give it a day or two and try again.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Lots of times I don't see them moving...they will be fine...patience!!

4. steffpeck

steffpeck Songster

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Thanks!! This is my first time hatching eggs, and it has been so fun!! I have seem them moving all over the last few days and now nothing, just scares me a bit. I am already attached to these silly little things. [​IMG]

5. Wait til they hatch and see how much you love them.

6. steffpeck

steffpeck Songster

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    I just candled the rest of them, and sorted out the bad eggs, and I was able to see movement in all of them. They must have been sleeping. [​IMG]

I started with 13 silkie eggs and have 7 of the 13 growing and 10 Black/Blue Cochin eggs and have 3 of the 10 growing. Hopefully they make it the rest of the way. I will be glad when the next week is over. [​IMG]

7. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I put some buff brahma eggs in the hatcher yesterday at day 19. I candled them and only saw movement on 2. This morning I woke up to 5 pips on 7 eggs, so I guess they do sleep.

8. As they get big, you see less movement. Nothing like when they were 8 days old! Don't worry about it. [​IMG]

9. ginbart

ginbart Crowing

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:So much fun? I went [​IMG] [​IMG] my first time. LOL [​IMG] Good Luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: