HELP!!! I'm not seeing movement.....

steffpeck

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Erda, UT
I have eggs in my bator. Today is day 13 and when I have been candleing the eggs the last few days, I have been seeing the chicks moving like crazy. I just checked 3 of the 7 that have been growing, and I am not seeing movement in them. I think I may have seen movement like a beak moving or something in one of them, but nothing in the other two. Have they died??? I hope they are just getting to big to see them moving. Please tell me what you think.

Thanks!! This is my first time hatching eggs, and it has been so fun!! I have seem them moving all over the last few days and now nothing, just scares me a bit. I am already attached to these silly little things.
smile.png

I just candled the rest of them, and sorted out the bad eggs, and I was able to see movement in all of them. They must have been sleeping.
smile.png

I started with 13 silkie eggs and have 7 of the 13 growing and 10 Black/Blue Cochin eggs and have 3 of the 10 growing. Hopefully they make it the rest of the way. I will be glad when the next week is over.
big_smile.png

I put some buff brahma eggs in the hatcher yesterday at day 19. I candled them and only saw movement on 2. This morning I woke up to 5 pips on 7 eggs, so I guess they do sleep.

Back
Top Bottom